Funeral Services and Care During COVID-19
Wilmington Funeral & Cremation Information Guide to
Funeral Services and Care during COVID-19
The past several weeks have been an extraordinarily difficult time for our community and humanity. While more is known each day about the characteristics of COVID-19 and its potential impact, much is still unclear. We at Wilmington Funeral & Cremation are sensitive to your concerns. Our team remains committed and prepared to safely care for the families we serve. We will continue to guide families in ways they can meaningfully commemorate the life of their loved one. We have had to make some difficult decisions to adhere to the guidance issued by federal, state and local health officials. It is our hope that this guide will help families understand what is possible within the pandemic constraints.
WHAT IS THE SAME:
- Families can still choose burial or cremation.
- Your loved one can still be safely embalmed. There is no known risk associated with being in the same room at a funeral service with someone who died of COVID-19.
- Funeral Services, Memorial Services, Celebrations of Life, and Graveside services are all possible, although there are limitations.
- Arrangement conferences can be done remotely by phone or by email if the family chooses not to attend in person.
- Our team of advisors is available to answer questions or concerns with any existing policies and we are available to help with new or existing pre-planning questions.
WHAT HAS CHANGED:
- All services and gatherings are limited to immediate family members only and a maximum of ten people. This includes graveside services in the cemeteries. Attendees in larger processions will have to observe from a distance, preferably in their cars.
- In-person arrangement conferences are limited to two family members only.
- We can now video stream a service to allow friends and out of town family members to participate virtually. This is no additional cost for any family using our funeral home.
Thank you for your kindness, patience and prayers as we continue to help our families say goodbye to their loved ones. Our entire staff of over 40 dedicated professionals stands ready to serve our community. If we can be of assistance or if you have questions, please contact us at 910-791-9099 or www.wilmingtoncares.com